CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 22, 2009

San Francisco vacation Day 1


John and I decided a while ago that we really needed some "mom and dad" alone time. Other than an occasional overnight-er we have not left then kids and been alone in 12 years. So with that in mind we planned a long getaway weekend alone to San Francisco. Things fell into place rather slowly at first, but in the end everything came together.
Day one was mostly spent getting here to San Francisco. We packed everything the night before and yesterday afternoon we were on our way. I went to drop the kids off at my parents (THANKS MOM & DAD)and found that my car wouldn't start. John was at work, my neighbors gone to work and I thought "Now what"? Suddenly and very unexpectedly my phone rang and it was a good friend and neighbor a few streets over, and even though she was calling me for a favor, I can't help but believe that there was divine inspiration she new I needed her help. With her help we jump started my car and I was on my way. After the kids were all settled and good-bye hugs and kisses were given, I was on my way to pick up John from work, then on to the airport.
Now, John and I haven't flown in 12 years and to say things have changed is an understatement. Still, with all the changes we made it through security pretty quickly. Then was the wait for the plane.
Our plane cabin was SO tiny! I HATED it. Glad it was a smooth ride though. I had a little girl behind me who cried for the last 45 minutes of our trip (and I use little lightly, she was at least 12 years old). From the airport, we took a shuttle to our hotel, the Tuscan Inn.
After we checked in and place our belongings in our room we were off to explore the Warf. where we saw very "interesting" people. We stopped to watch a street performer/comedian/fire eater. He was really funny and was amazing with his torches. From there we went and had a bite to eat at the Wipeout cafe, on pier 39. It was really good. The wind picked up and got really cold so, we had to buy long sleeve shirts and jackets. After we headed back to our hotel, we were pretty tired. Tomorrow we are off to Alcatraz.

1 comment:

Collings Family said...

I hate those small cabins too. Glad you guys got away together, John and I still haven't done that yet, but it sounds like a good idea!