CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ben turns 5!

Where has the time gone? My baby is five today, which means come August he will be going to kindergarten. I can hardly believe it. I remember his birth clear as day and I swear it wasn't all that long ago. His birth was a bit hard, he was breech and after an hour of trying to turn him (I don't recommend, talk about painful!) it was clear that a c-section was the way we were having to go. I was really nervous and very scared. I hadn't needed a c-section with my other kids and I had only a hour to get okay with it. I was so glad that John would be at my side the entire time holding my hand, helping me do this. He had to leave for a minute, to change in this silly looking white jumpsuit, and of course that was when they started "rolling" me down to the OR. I was so nervous that he wouldn't get to me, but suddenly he was there and my fears were put to rest. In all the commotion, he forgot the camera but at that point I didn't care. I needed him with me more than we needed the camera.
After many "drugs" later, and still being able to feel pain Jacob Bennett was finally born and the anesthesiologist gave me something that knocked me out while they stitched me up (yep, stitches not staples). I don't know how long I was out, but I woke up as they were taking me and my baby to my room (yep, even had baby in my arms and had no clue). He weighed 8lb and 3oz and was 20 inches in length. That was a big baby for me, in fact he was my biggest.
Ben developed a touch of jaundice so, he had to be wrapped up in a billi-blanket. He looked like a little glow worm. Once we were released we were very fortunate that we didn't need the billi-lights anymore.
Recovery was long and painful. I couldn't lay down with out it feeling like I was going to rip apart. I slept sitting up for a long time. It really was horrible. It was hard. It was all worth it. To this day every now and again I get phantom pain at my incision site.
Ben has always been my most cuddly, and a big momma's boy (still is). We used to call him my little shadow. John would tease that the umbilical cord was was never cut.
Now, five years later, my boy is still a sweet, loving momma's boy, who has brought so much love and happiness to our family. I wouldn't change a thing. Happy birthday Ben! I love you!

No comments: