CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Blahs...

It's January, what more needs to be said? We're either dealing with the horrible inversion or the terrible cold. Of the two I would rather have to cold than breathing in that yucky air. So, how to deal with the cold, when no one wants to be out in it?
Yesterday I just happened to stop at the mall. I really don't like the mall, but a payment needed to be made. I stopped in at Childrens Place and happened upon their Monster Madness Sale. What a madness it was! All of their winter clothes and coats were marked down to $5.99 (older kids stuff 4T and under were $4.99). I really don't like to shop, but who can pass up such a bargain? I got some GREAT deals. Nice dressy knee length coats (perfect for church) lined in fur (fake of course) regular price $59.50! I got jeans for all four kids, fleece jackets and pants, and numerous long sleeved shirts. 99% of what I purchased I bought the next size up to save for the next school year. Talk about an early start on back-to-school shopping. :)
So, today I clean out the girls closets and dressers. Taylor has 30 dresses! In her defense she loves to wear dresses, but does she really need 30 of them? I have one bag of clothes set aside for our neighbor girl, one for a past neighbor and another bag for a cousin. Goodness my girls can dress at least three other girls, and they still have more than enough left for themselves.
From there I moved on to my youngest closet and filled up another bag of clothes that he had grown out of. It felt so nice to get all of that done. Next maybe the infamous toy boxes......
I figure it like this, if John see me motivated to get things cleaned and organized, maybe he can find the time to finish the girls bedroom downstairs, so we can turn our focus on moving them down and then repainting our upstairs. One can dream right?

3 comments:

Collings Family said...

I'm with ya Candy! I hate Utah Jan - May!

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, I've been in the cleaning mood too. I just took a load to DI, I've gone through the house room by room and just thrown away everything we don't use. It feels good to have things organized again.

Victoria said...

Thats one way to beat the January blahs! My two favorite things to make January better...shopping and organizing.

I sort of wish I hadn't heard about the great sale. I cannot spend ANY money for another week...I've been buying baby monitors, crib sets etc etc and we're really trying hard to save $$$ but I may have to check out that sale. It might be too good to pass up. OR, maybe I'll just come and shop in your girls closets....30 dresses!! LOL