CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 2, 2010

Wild weekend of dancing and connecting with "old" friends

This past weekend was spent mostly catching up with a good friend that I hadn't seen in 20 years. She flew in from Florida mostly to attend a reunion of a dance club we frequented, practically every Saturday, in the late 80's. On Friday night we met for dinner at the Pie Pizzeria in South Jordan. The Pie holds many many memories for us. After we would go dancing we would more than likely end up at the Pie near the U of U, at that time there were only two locations one near the U and the other in Ogden. After "our" reunion at the pie we went to an art gallery opening near the U. Most of the art work was made from glass. Some was very beautiful and very original, others were..well, not so much. It was a very small gallery so it didn't take much time to walk through. So, our actual dance club reunion wasn't until Saturday night, but there was a pre-party Friday night at the dance club Area 51 in downtown SL. After the art gallery, we had about a hour to "kill" before Area 51 opened. So we went over to the Pie near the U for a soda and talk. It was really nice, though we had a good laugh over the fact we had visited two Pies in one night. From there we went to Area 51. Because we were there for the pre-party we were able to get in for free. They had a dance floor dedicated to the pre-party and played mostly the music we would have danced to back in the day. The music was loud and thumping, in fact sometimes it felt as though the beat was pounding through my chest. Other than Emily, my friend from Florida, I only knew one other person there who I had gone to high school with. We danced until the wee hours of the morning. It was fun and tiring. I was faltered by a few people who thought I was younger than what I really am, though one was actually mad at me when she found that I was older than her, yet looked younger. Makes me giggle now though.
Saturday I woke up very tired and very surprised I wasn't stiff from dancing so much. I relaxed most of the day so that I would be able to dance that night at the reunion. The reunion was held at the Depot in SL. John came with me and we met up with Emily and her friends there. Not long after the reunion started, more and more people showed up and more friends that I hadn't seen in about 20 years. It was a lot of fun! Lots of dancing, mingling, and reminiscing. The music played was exactly what we danced to at the Ritz Club. It was wonderful, and we danced again until the wee hours of the morning and didn't get home until much later.
Come Sunday morning we were SO exhausted, John from being up so late and me from the same plus from dancing. My legs and knees are so stiff, which reminded me of how old I am getting, even if I do look younger than what I am.

1 comment:

Collings Family said...

I love seeing old friends. And I love the pie. What a great weekend!