CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

HSM3!


So today, being Saturday, we each have our chores to get done around the house. I promised the girls if they could get the TV room and their bedroom cleaned in a timely matter and with little to know fighting we would go see the much anticipated movie. Well, I really can't say much for the timely matter let alone the lack of fighting. But they did work really hard when they weren't fighting or playing instead of cleaning.Once the work was done I decided to reward them and take them to High School Musical 3. They were really excited! First we all went to lunch at the mall when everyone could pick whatever, then we went to the dollar store to pick up some snacks for the movie. John dropped us girls off and from what I hear the boys came home ate their treats and played video games.
Now the movie, if you haven't seen it is 100 minutes in length, which isn't to bad. The movie itself was pretty good. The first outbreak of song didn't bother me until "Gabrielle" stands up in the crowd and she and "Troy" start singing together and my first thought was, man I hope it gets better (it does). Next thought, this should have been on TV (but then Disney wouldn't make as much money). All in all it was good and by the end you kinda forget the cheesy parts.
At first Katie kept saying, "this is weird". I think because it was different and a bit bigger production. By 30 minutes in the girls were so into it. I kept looking over at them to see their reactions, and they were mesmerized. When the movie was over Katie wanted to go buy the movie. I had to remind her that it just came to theaters and would be awhile before it hit DVD. She was bummed out about it at first, then I offered to take then to Target and see how much the soundtrack was. John laughed when I told him, but complied by taking us there. As luck would have it they had the CD on sale for 9.99 instead of 13.99. They were ecstatic to say the least.
Since the CD player in our car is broken (I have the Keane CD stuck in there, I think my car loves it because it won't eject it, and loves to play it over and over..)so they had to wait to until we got home. Boy were they excited! We listened to it the minute we got home, then had to load it on the computer so they could load it on their mp3 players! I bet I know what CD they will want to listen to for the next while when they go to bed!
So my take is this: The kids will love it, should have been on Disney Channel (although we all know that wouldn't have made them as much mula)and if you go to a matinee movie I would say it was worth the price.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I agree! We just got back from the movie too. My 2 girls were invited to a B-day party/movie and I was invited to drive so we all got to see it for free. But I agree, should have been on T.V. Nothing beats the first HSM!!

Collings Family said...

I just saw it today and I loved it, cheesy parts and all!