CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

So, today was our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. J&J Gardens has an annual free hayride and they take you to their pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkins off the vine. Ethan chose to play at his friends house and not to come with us, so Kate was able to bring her friend Lexi along.

Ben was a bit nervous on the hayride, but was all warmed up by the time we reached the pumpkin patch. We have only one rule for the pumpkin patch, and that is you can only pick a pumpkin that you yourself can carry. Mom and Dad cannot carry six pumpkins at once and keep kids in toe too. The kids seemed to find their pumpkins quite quickly. John the pumpkin king was on his yearly quest to find the perfect pumpkin for whatever design he has planned out to carve this year. He really enjoys creating his master piece every year. We sometimes make him carve ours too, after we have picked which design we like. I usually get the job of gutting the poor pumpkins, then I roast the seeds. Yummy.

We had lots of fun until it started pouring rain on us. Luckily by that time we were on the hayride back to the parking lot to head to our car.

2 comments:

Keegan Chaos said...

I'll leave the pumpkin gutting to you. YUCK YUCK!!! I'll take a fake pumpkin, thank you very much! Declan thinks pumpkins are balls, so I don't think we'll be having the real ones this year! Can you imagine that mess? I like your new background, I designed my new background and header all by my big-self :)

Victoria said...

What a FUN tradition. I love your rule to only get a pumpkin you can carry. Smart mom! Looks like you had a FUN day!