CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dance Show #2

She loves to pose and it shows!

So, Monday night was Katie's dance show. It went on without a hitch (at least on the dancers part). It seems that the lighting, the backstagers?(one who pulls the curtain), and the boys (I guess I should say young men- probably high school students) who Que the music were either a little off or were spacing off. Not that it bothered me by all means, but you could hear others in the audience who were wondering what was going on. During some of those down times (when the music nor the lights were on) I spent my time trying to keep Ben in control. He really was a good sport for the most part, but being three and having to sit through two shows was more than he could handle. My tolerance was wearing thin, but then I thought " you know, if I was three and had to sit through two off these I probably wouldn't be happy either". Taylor loved it both times and I think Ethan was waiting for the Earth to open up and swallow him whole.

Even though flash photography isn't allowed during the performances, we still tried to take pictures. My camera does an excellent job even without the flash, unfortunately though Katie dance was so fast and they were constantly moving that most of her pictures came out blurry. I did take a few before the show, and Katie just loves her picture taken and kept posing all over. Kinda funny. I did take video but I still haven't checked that yet (I tried, but we had just gotten a new camera and I figure out how to play it on a computer yet....).

I would be lying, if I said I wasn't happy to have it all over until January. I am ready for a break from kids activities.

So as I said January it will pick up again and Katie's dance class will be working on their spring show where she will be dancing to Girls Just Want To Have Fun. Also in May, she will be trying out for junior starlets (if she continues to want to dance). We also will be adding Jr. Jazz for Ethan with John as his teams coach.

Very blurry, but you get my point.

1 comment:

Tracy Collings said...

Isn't it just like girls to want to pose for pictures? Enjoy the holiday break!