CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

A New Home for Lucy

So yesterday we said goodbye to Lucy, our cat. We found her a new home. They kids were all able to say their goodbyes, and even begged to keep her until I reminded them it was their job to take of her and they hadn't been and if we did keep her they would ALL need to share the responsibility of taking care of her. That quickly changed their minds again. We will all miss her at least a little bit, even John who doesn't really like cats. What we won't miss is her litter box, her getting on the table after the numerous times we get her down, her scratches on the kids and furniture, the kids hording her and chasing her (just basically not leaving her alone), and the tattling on her (yes you read that right, my kids added her to their list of who to tattle on).






Any-whoo, she is in a better place where little kids won't be harassing her constantly. I loaded her up in the car with Taylor and Ben and took her to her new home. She went to live with my parents. I know shocker! I was shocked too, my dad just loves her though and now she is his responsibility (yep you read that right too, Mom said its Dads cat and he has to take care of her). She will be well taken care of , and the kids are glad they are able to visit and play with her. We are now back to our pet -free life. Goodbye Lucy! We will miss you, sorta.






3 comments:

Victoria said...

Thats too funny that your parents took her. I guess it won't be as hard for the kids that way. They can always visit her. Your kids are so cute, by the way!

Tracy Collings said...

Hi Candy! I'm so glad you commented on my blog! It's good to hear from you. Sounds like illness has kept you busy, I'm sorry. I enjoy a pet free house as well.
Tracy

Collings Family said...

I can totally relate. We had to get rid of our cat a few years ago for the same reasons. The funniest thing is that John hates cats too and I begged him to let me get one. He finally relented and I got pregnant so he had to scoop the litterbox. Every morning I had to hide behind the paper while I died laughing because I could hear him dry heaving in there while he scooped. That cat didn't have a prayer.