CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reflections

Today I have been reflecting on family and how important each member of our families are, whether it's your immediate family or not. Today I received an e-mail from JoAnn (Ricks wife) and she had sent pictures of my brothers boys Hyrum and Isaiah. Heidi (the boys mother), allowed Mike to see the boys while he was on a business trip in Vernal. It was so nice to see how they have grown, since we hadn't seen them in five years. Ethan could remember the boys but Taylor , who was a baby the last time we saw them, had no idea who they are. It made me a bit sad that they may never really know these cousins of theirs, but it also gave me hope that maybe Heidi would also allow us to visit with the boys sometime.


Hyrum and Isaiah Kenney

That is what had started my whole thought process of families. We are so lucky to have a pretty close family, and not just in miles. We may not always get along or see eye to eye but we will always be here for each other and lend support when needed. It made me glad that I started this blog as well. What a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I love seeing what everyone is up to on their blogs and I have been able to connect with cousins I may not have been able to otherwise. It just makes me smile!



On a sad note though, unfortunately through a blog, we found that one of Johns Aunts has a incurable form of cancer. Our first thought was WHAT? Then came, how come no one told us? Then lastly we faced the real reason why we had no idea what this sweet family has been going through, and that is unfortunately we aren't really close to John's family. That makes me sad, but gives me hope that John and I can make a difference and try to our best ability to be more of the Parker family. So let us all reach out to our families, whether through a blog, e-mail, phone call, or whatever and try to keep in touch with those we love.


So for now we are sending well wishes to all, as well as hugs and kisses and a promise that we will try are best to keep in touch.

No comments: