CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A ROUGH WEEK!

Well, this week has been pretty rough on me to say the least! It all started with Ben getting sick. He still had a fever of 102 degrees, an hour after he had ibuprofen. He wouldn't eat ( at least he drank LOTS of water), barely slept ( which meant I didn't sleep), and would just lay around whimpering. So, off to the doctor we went on Tuesday to see what was wrong with our little man. We thought, strep throat? Since Katie had it about three weeks ago. But no, no strep (Whew!). So what could be wrong? Well the doctor was in no way concerned and sent us on our way telling us to come back if his fever wasn't gone in the next couple of days. Now I don't want to sound like hyper on line one (remember from the Home Alone movie), but a Mom knows when something is just not right. We did however leave and a vow I will never see that doctor again. Now I'm not saying that I want medicine for my son (heaven knows how horrible I am at remembering to give it!), but none of our concerns were even addressed.

So, that being bad enough, Katie, who had been having an extended sleep over at her cousin Lauryn's (gone since last Saturday wasn't coming home until this Saturday WAHOO), isn't feeling well. Lauryn too isn't feeling good, so Shellee takes Lauryn to the doctor and guess what? Strep throat! So we make arrangements for Katie to get home. I decide to take her to the doctor, (a different and better one) and low and behold Katie too has strep as well as an ear infection. We go to fill her prescription she has two, and her ear drops are a whopping $97.00 (ummm yeah right!). Sorry, not going to happen.That was my Thursday. Oh yes and Ben was still burning up.

Friday had to be better right? It's Friday, the beginning of the weekend, what more could go wrong? Well, around five Ethan wasn't looking to good. I felt his head and he was burning up! I took his temperature and he was at 102.5. Called the doctor (again), but with Katie already sick, and after jumping through numerous hoops, they agree to call in a prescription for Ethan. On a lighter note, Ben's fever FINALLY broke today! WAHOO! Now I keeping my fingers crossed that Taylor doesn't get sick. She is suppose to have an extended sleep over at Grandmas starting tomorrow. There's always tomorrow.......

No comments: