CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 28, 2009

The first week of school

Today finished the first week of school. In many ways I was really glad that school was starting, no more "mom I'm bored" or "what can we do"s. But as it always proved a new year and a new set of problems. I was really hoping we could go a while without any problems. Ethan is now in sixth grade and really likes his teacher. He has however always had to deal with bulling in one way or another. Day three is when it all started up again. My son is a forever peace maker and unfortunately that seems to make him a target. So, hey all you bullies out there here is a heads up. Apparently if you wait until close to the bell rings to bring you in from recess, that time is fair game. According to the "ground duty" they won't do anything if the bell is about to ring or has rung. Just to make things clear the said ground duty is suppose to be there to help any child with any problem during recess, unless apparently the bell is about to ring. Ummmm...To say I am unimpressed is an understatement. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get worse. Katie is now in fourth grade and absolutely loves her teacher and class. She knows pretty much everyone in class. I really can see her flourishing this year! Taylor is in first grade this year. She is having a bit of an adjustment problem. This is however first year of full day school, that doesn't seem to be the biggest problem. She doesn't know anyone in her class, she is getting pushed (literally) by boys who happen to be in her primary class, at recess. She is eating lunch alone, not finding friends to play with at recess. We have addressed her problems as best as we can, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that will get better. I can't help but wonder which is better, having them at home or at school where I can have some peace for a few hours yet dealing with new found problems..... Monday Ben is set to start preschool. I am not sure what I will do with myself having everyone gone for a few hours three times a week. Maybe my house will finally get organized?


Ethan and Mrs. Robinson

Katie & Mrs. Roundy

Taylor and Mrs. Warburton

2 comments:

Victoria said...

LOVE your new pic at the top. Did you take that? Its adorable.

BOO to bullies. Thats my #1 peeve. I can't believe the school acted that way. You need to be out there when the bell rings hanging around and give those bullies a what for. I know my boy would probably die....but I just hate bullying.

And BOO to kids not including your little girl. I'm sure it will all get better! You're kids are so sweet.

Mother of Four said...

Thanks! I did make a complaint (about the bullying)to the school. We will see if anything comes of it.
Anyway, the little sister of my friend took the picture. She did a bunch. I just haven't had time to post them all.