CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quirks

So, in reading other blogs about quirks, got me thinking about some of my own. At first I couldn't really think of any, but I knew I had some. Finally they came to me like a flowing waterfall so to speak. I thought I would share a few, so sit back and laugh with me....
While I am talking on the phone I must be constantly moving. I wonder from room to room and back again over and over during my whole conversation. I've bee known to walk around the kitchen table a few times at least, go up the hall and perch on my bed for a minute, then off to the living room to sit a spell, then I'm back again to the TV room/ kitchen to then turn around and wonder some place else. Sometime I even end up outside on the porch or walking around the outside of the house.
I absolutely can say I hate when lights are left on and no one is in the room. It drives me batty! I am constantly turning off lights and have been known to follow the culprits around and turn off the lights behind them. I have even resorted to threatening to take out light bulbs if they don't start turning off lights on their own.
Now you may not know this by looking in my house on any given day, but I can't stand messes! I am constantly cleaning after someone, with no avail. I have imposed a "MOM CLEAN" standard for the kids. There is clean then there is Mom clean. I can't say they like it, but it can help get a job done the right way or I will throw it away.
I sleep very strange. I absolutely have to have my backside completely covered up when sleeping. I can't have it poking out even a little bit. Now that may not sound to strange but I can't have my feet covered up. I can't stand hot feet. Needless to say, it makes sleeping interesting especially when I need to share the covers.
So now that we have established, how I sleep there is even a quirk to my quirk. Well, as you recall I can't have my feet covered while sleeping, but I also can't have them hanging off the bed. I have came to the conclusion, that I must have seriously been tortured by my brothers as a child, because to this day I swear something will grab my feet (the under the bed monster, thank you very much) if they are dangling off. Thank you, Cathy for helping me figure out why my feet, legs, and arms CAN'T hang over the side of the bed especially while I am sleeping. She to has the same quirk.
Well, really I could go on, but I think I have given enough for now for you to enjoy. Maybe another day I will share more. Now I really would like to hear from others about their quirks... Like Brook, Stacy well everyone, really.....

1 comment:

Tracy Collings said...

I'm glad you posted your quirks, I'm trying to narrow mine down, it's really difficult... I wander around while on the phone too, my house gets cleaner while I'm on the phone than any other time!
Tracy