CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 15, 2008

A slow weekend

What a nice weekend when you can pretty much relax. That would have been our weekend, if I hadn't decided it's time to start Christmas shopping. I know it's a bit early, but I wanted to get a jump start on it for a couple of reasons.
1. I have four kids to buy for
2. It will be here quicker that we think
3. If I get most of it done by Thanksgiving, I won't be in the mad house with everyone else, and I can sit and relax enjoying the season (without being in the over crowded stores, usually sold out on that "had to have gift")
I'm not into buying my Christmas decorations and such yet, there are two other holidays to consider before, but the present factor can be done at any time. When Ethan and Katie were little I was really on the ball and had 90% of everything I needed by October/November. I'm tired of the rush I have placed upon myself the last couple of years and I am determined to be better prepared this year. I want to be able to get lost this year in the Spirit of the season and not worrying about who is getting what. This year we are doing a very "scaled" down Christmas, and we will spread more time with family and the True meaning of Christmas.
I am blessed with awesome kids, who do know the true meaning, but could still us more. We use to pick a Tree Angel off a tree and help provide a child who is less fortunate than us. We are hoping this year we can start that tradition again. So, I'm off to a good start. Hopefully I'll be able to continue with it.
This weekend we also spent some time at J&J Nursery to find bulbs to plant in our front yard that would bloom in the spring and summer months. Now that's thinking ahead for us! Too bad I didn't do that for Halloween... I've haven't even started that one and its only a little more than a month away.....

2 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

man you are on the ball! I'm impressed. I get really crafty in the autumn, and can't wait to decorate.

Victoria said...

Good for you! I hadn;t even thought about Christmas but you're right, it will be here before we know it.