CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Week


Last week, John turned the big 4-0. We decided to celebrate this milestone on Saturday, and invited family to come over for cake and ice cream. No we didn't put 40 candles on his cake, instead we put a sparkler candle on. John likes to joke that he talked to our neighbor who is a fireman, and he told John it would be a fire hazard to have that many candles lit at once. John is forever the comedian! Emily, Johns sister, made that cake. It was yummy! Thanks Emily!!
To get ready for Johns party we spent a lot of time in our yard to get it presentable. In doing so, I aggravated my "condition". I have what doctors call costcondritis. Basically its the swelling of the ligaments between my breast plate and rib cage. And YES it does hurt, but I have lived with this my whole life and I never really know what is going to set it off. It could be a simple as vacuuming, or even just waking up the stairs. But life must continue and I usually press on. This time my pain was so bad John insisted I see a doctor. So, Saturday morning we went to the doctor and even had x-rays done. They put me one two medications, one is a muscle relaxer and the other an anti-inflammatory. Both can cause dizziness and the muscle relaxer causes sleepiness. Needless to say I honestly don't remember Saturday or Sunday very well.
On Sunday, it was the fifth Sunday so it was a combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting. Those are my favorite, because I get to be with my honey all day and get to use his suit jacket to keep myself warm. They keep that room so cold it feels like a freezer! I don't remember to much of the meeting, but I do remember them talking about needing volunteers to index census reports at www.familysearchindexing.org (you don't need to be a member to be able to do this either). This held some interest to me, because you can work at your own pace and with whatever time you have.
Monday, being Labor Day, and raining cats and dogs for the first half of the day, John and I decided to get the much needed new tires on the front of our van. We took it to Sams Club and got a really good deal until they left their impact wrench on the lug nut and they backed our car out and bang. They originally thought the impact wrench had fallen. With inspection (after we had left mind you), another words they went to use it and saw our lug nut in it. They gave us call and will be paying to have the lug nut repaired $85.00. They don't fix those so, they are sending me to an auto shop to have it fixed. I take it in tomorrow (Thursday). I have to admit I wasn't to thrilled about them breaking the lug nut, but I am impressed that they called me and took responsibility for it. I must commend them for that.
Tuesday. Taylor finally had her first REAL day of kindergarten. She seems to like it okay. She is a bit shy and says she only has one friend in her class. I told her that will all soon change I'm sure. She does have friends in other classes so, that helps at recess. Although, she was being chased by her friend McKinley, ans she fell down banging up both of her knees pretty bad. She said she didn't even cry. That impressed me quite a bit, it looked painful. She has resorted to not bend her legs. It's quite funny seeing her try and sit on the floor. She just kinda drops down with a big THUD. I told her it would her her less if she would just bend, but she won't. I also started indexing. They have a training course online to help you out. I was able to index 320 names! I was impressed with myself, mainly because some of those records are HARD to read. My goal is to dedicate a couple of hours a couple of days a week if not more.
Today was walk to school day. I usually drive them, because I refuse to let them walk on busy Gordon. So, today we got moving a bit earlier and walked to school. It takes 20 minutes to walk to the school from our house. I forgot how long that seemed until we were walking. I had Ben in the stroller, which made it easier until Taylor got tired and wanted in the stroller. Luckily, the stroller has the option of letting someone stand on the back. Wow what a workout for me! I have a "beautiful" blister on my toe to prove it. I was thankful that it was only Ben that I needed to push home. That was better. All in all round trip was about 50 minutes (I had to take Taylor to her class, she isn't comfortable yet finding it herself).
As for school the kids are doing great. Ethan loves his class and has an awesome teacher, Mr. Sanders, who is fresh out of college and is his first year teaching his own class. He is really young and seems to be able to relate to his class very well. Katie is doing well, but it seems her motivation is lacking. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks she will find it. Taylor likes kindergarten and loves her teacher Mrs. Gardner. She is an awesome teacher. Very bubbly.
That brings us all up to date.

1 comment:

Keegan Chaos said...

Hope you are feeling better! Taylor must have picked up a case of the Elle shyness. So sad that she fell, that's no fun!